Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Getting things Rolling

So after moving to BC for a COOP work term, i realized that getting my motorcycle license is much easier in BC then Quebec (a difference of several hundred dollars and 1 year). So I went to look at bikes, found one I liked and went to the ICBC to get my Quebec drivers licence switched over and do my learners test.

Well i got my learners and plan on going to buy the bike tomorrow or today. actually probably today since I spoke to the guy who own the shop and someone else had phoned him up for it. The Bike is a 1982 Yamaha XS400 Maxim. I really like the style and there is a whole community dedicated to these bike at www.XS400.com  they have been a great help and i plan on getting more help from them as I improve my skills and start changing and fixing the bike.




Since I'll be returning to Montreal at the end of August my plan is to ride this bike across Canada about 4500 km. This Blog is going to chronicle my trip and everything leading up to it; including my shorter trips throughout the summer. 

No comments:

Post a Comment